Healing Flames Forge Inc.
Healing Flames Forge Inc. (HFF) is an arts-education nonprofit located in a blacksmith shop in Woodlawn, TN.
Purpose: The nonprofit provides a place to relieve stress. We use basic ornamental blacksmithing and related skills as a means to that end. Our hope is that we can turn frustrated, angry energy into positive, creative energy, and possibly preserve an ancient art.
Mission Statement: Enrich the lives of others through hammer, anvil, and camaraderie.
Our Priority for Customers:
- Active-duty service members (includes Guard & Reserve)
- First responders & frontline workers
- Adult family members and battle buddies of Categories 1-3 (may be bumped up in priority to accompany their family or battle buddy).
- Two mentors mentor up to eight participants in 3- or 7-hour sessions in the smithy on Saturday and Sunday.
- A session includes administrative requirements (participant sign-in, hold-harmless agreements, etc.), icebreaker & introductions, shop orientation, instructions on shop tools and their use, and a safety briefing, and then hammering out some projects.
- Projects include S-hooks, wall hook, barbecue fork, steak flipper, bottle openers made from various stock, feather, leaf keychain fob, fireplace poker, and other projects.
- For participants who complete the entire weekend day program, open forge sessions will be available on weekday evenings to practice and refine their skills.
- Sessions are self-paced, and participants can register for additional sessions to continue their work.
Sign-up is easy! Go to our website (healingflamesforge.org), click on CLASSES, scroll down to the calendar, pick your date, and follow prompts from there. Dates with available sessions will have a hyperlink in the calendar.
For the basic program, all instruction, tools, shop material, project stock, and PPE are provided at no cost to program participants. *
*Projects made by participants are take-home items. Tools and PPE are not take-home items.
Check us out on Facebook or at healingflamesforge.org
POC: Rob Duane at 610-750-0924 or email@example.com